If there are changes in Google Workspace Users, make sure to synchronize your latest Google Workspace users/ Google Workspace users to Collavate to update your Collavate users to be in sync with current Google Workspace users. You may have to re-Sync your Google Workspace Users to ensure that Collavate users will reflect your latest Google Workspace users.
How to Sync and Update Google Workspace Users in Collavate:
* You must be a Collavate Admin and Google Workspace Admin to sync Google Workspace Users
1. In your Collavate application, click the Admin menu located to the left of your screen
2. Select Sync and Update sub menu
3. Click Sync for Users and Groups. To ensure that everything is up-to-date, it is recommended to click Sync for all 4 categories: Document Template, Organization Chart, Users, and Groups.
Also, the admin can set up an automatic sync every certain amount of days. This feature can be enabled. You can simply turn on the feature and set however often you want your templates, organizational chart, users, or groups automatically updated. (Note: Auto Sync feature is not available on Collavate Business free trial)
NOTE: When syncing, ensure that all users in “Basic Info” under “Domain Settings” in the “Admin Settings” are active users. If there are inactive/previously deleted users in this setting, sync will fail.
Before syncing your Google Workspace users in Collavate, make sure your Google API Reference is enabled. If you already have your Google API Reference enabled, skip to the “How to Sync and Update Google Workspace Users” section in this article to begin syncing in Collavate.
If you do not have Google API Reference enabled, here is how to turn on your Google Workspace API:
1. Google Workspace Administrator can either go directly to Google Admin Console, or click the Admin icon in the Google Workspace grid.
2. Log in and click the “Security” icon in the Admin Console
3. Click the “API Reference” and check “Enable API access”.
Once the “Enable API access” box is checked, you can continue to Collavate and smoothly sync your Google Workspace users.