|Note: This guide is for Team Plan users. If you are a Business Plan user, refer to Set up Collavate Business Plan for your organization.
Administrators of your company or school can sign up for the Collavate Team Plan to create teams and collaborate with your team members. If you have not already created a team, follow the guide below to create a team in Team Plan, or ask your organization’s administrator to create a team.
Step 1: Sign up for Team Plan #
- Go to document.collavate.com/welcome.
- Click Sign in with Google.
- Log in with the Google account you want to use.
- Fill out the required fields to create your account.
|Note: You can also sign up with a non-Gmail email address. However, it is recommended to use a Google account in order to gain full access to all main features.
If you have successfully created your first Team Plan account, Template and Drive Manager features on the left-hand menu are disabled. In order to use these features you have to link your Collavate Account with a Google Account.
Step 2: Link Collavate with your Google Drive #
If you don’t have a Google Account to link with, click here to create a Google Account.
- Click Template or Drive Manager.
- Click Next.
- Log in to your Google Account.
- Allow Collavate access to your Google account.
|Note: Collavate does not save any private information or files on its servers. All user account data is securely stored in Google Cloud Platform.
Step 3: Create a team #
Once you successfully link your Collavate account with Google, you can create your own team in the admin console.
- Go to Admin Settings.
- Enter your team name and the email address of the team administrator.
- Click Save settings.
- Click Upgrade in the pop-up screen.
|Note: The email of the user who initially creates a team is set as the team administrator by default.